Saturday, September 28, 2013

Soundtrack Saturday: Vox Populi - Thirty Seconds To Mars

I am actually getting this post up on its proper day! Yay! I ran 4 miles today at a pace slightly faster than my normal pace, which is a huge accomplishment for me. Don't get me wrong, I still ran slower than Internet Explorer loading a web page. Relatively speaking, though, it is a personal best in both distance and average pace.

One of the things that keeps me motivated during a run is the music that I listen to. That's why I do these Soundtrack Saturday posts. I don't understand how someone can run without music - I would get bored in two minutes. The song I'm sharing to day is The Song for me when it comes to motivation.

There is no music video for this song. Just a bare bones lyrics video.

Thirty Seconds to Mars is one of those bands that you either love or you hate. I fall in the former category. As a sci-fi/fantasy girl through and through, I love music that makes me feel like I'm in an epic story. Listening to Thirty Seconds to Mars makes me feel like I am preparing to go into battle alongside my favorite characters. I don't just listen to it when I run, I listen to it whenever I'm on my way to something and need a little courage. It's basically the musical form of these two scenes from Lord of the Rings.

Aragorn at the Black Gate

My all time favorite movie scene and my all time favorite quote.

Lord of the Rings was my very first fandom, so it will always hold a special place in my heart. 

In other news, my rotation schedule is coming together. We found out where we will have our required rotations yesterday, so I updated my list.


New additions include advanced community at Kroger, advanced institutional at LeBonheur, and ambulatory care at the St. Francis Medical Clinic. I picked Kroger for my advanced community site since I work there already and know the system. I plan to do hospital pharmacy, not community, so I wanted to make my adv. comm. rotation as easy as possible. Dr. Edgerson at LeBonheur is supposed to be a great preceptor, so I am looking forward to that, although LeBonheur is a children's hospital and you all know how much I do not want anything to do with pediatrics. Hopefully that will be the only rotation I have at that site. I picked the hardest am. care rotation, even though it's not an area I plan to pursue. The preceptors are great, though, and I know I will learn a lot. Plus, one of my best friends is on the same rotation that month! 

As you can see, I now know what my final semester in pharmacy school will look like. I also know who I will be on rotations with for most of them, and so far it's all people I'm friends with, which is excellent news. I turn in my elective picks next week, so I should know my entire schedule before my birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment