Saturday, September 7, 2013

Soundtrack Saturday: Believer - American Authors

Today was a big day for me in my training. I ran for 3.5 miles! This is the first time I have broken the 3 mile mark. Saturdays are my long run days, so every Saturday from now on, I will be running farther than I have ever run before. This week was also the first time that I have be able to do my entire workout plan as scheduled, and that was with my exam on Thursday. I can feel my body getting stronger, and it is a great feeling!

I have a sweet spot for indie bands that have banjoes.

Which brings me to my song of the week! I was initially attracted to this band solely based on their name. American Authors just sounds like a band I would like. I love to read more than life itself. This song has the eclectic sound that I love to listen to, and the lyrics reflect where I am right now, both in my training and in life. 



One of the things I like about the video for this song is all the signs and stuff with the lyrics on them. The shirts in particular tie in well with what I did today, which was go to a paint party! It was my pharmacy fraternity's last rush event, and it was so messy and so much fun! I didn't get a "Before" picture, but here are some "After" pictures to give you an idea of the mayhem that occurred. 




Photos by Daniel Jinks, one of our unofficial official photographers

No comments:

Post a Comment