Saturday, October 12, 2013

Accidental Blog Hiatus Was Accidental

As you might have noticed, I sort of fell in a hole the last several days. I had a test, then went out of town for pledge retreat, then was completely exhausted and worked two days this week instead of my normal one day, and suddenly it's been two weeks since I last posted. I have pretty much nothing picture-wise to show for my time off, either. I stuck my phone in my bag when I got to pledge retreat and pretty much didn't touch it until we got back to Memphis. It was so nice to unplug and spend time with my friends on my birthday weekend, and come back and spend time with my parents on my birthday (and then go to sleep at 9pm - because I'm cool like that).
Some of my wonderful birthday gifts. New running shoes,
ProCompression socks, and a belt thingy so I don't have to hold
my phone/keys when I run.
As of last Sunday, I am officially a quarter of a century old. Twenty-five doesn't look that much different than 24, but I am now approaching the Quarter Life Crisis zone, so who knows what catastrophe lies ahead. Since this is my last big "milestone" birthday for a while, I've selected a sort of theme song for this 25th year of my life. It's by Train and kind of reminds me of "We Didn't Start the Fire" by Billy Joel. Yeah, I went there. I was born in the 80s. Deal with it.

I stopped believin' although Journey told me don't
before I call it a day, maybe this'll be my year.

Rotations are, of course, a big part of my upcoming year, and I FINALLY have a complete rotation schedule! I got almost all of my top choices, including the one I wanted the most, which was medication safety at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. Yes, the same hospital for which I am running this half marathon! In other news, I can now run 5 miles!!! Yay!!! Med Safety is definitely a career path I am considering, and I am looking forward to that rotation already. 

I am so glad I have an off month right after my critical care rotation.
If anyone needs me the first few days of October, I'll be in my bed.
There's still a good chance some part of this will change without warning (UT is useful like that) but as a whole I am extremely happy with my schedule! I'm on fall break next week starting after my test on Wednesday. I plan to do some baking and play with my grandmother's pizzelle maker after I take a (very long) nap. Other than working Friday I have no plans for fall break, and that is a wonderful feeling. 

I'll try not to fall off the planet again, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment