Thursday, September 26, 2013

Diamond Candle Review, Part 2

After much waiting and almost setting myself on fire a few times, I finally got to the ring in my Diamond Candle! I've been able to see the little packet for a few days now, but I wanted it to burn down far enough that removal would be easy. I fished it out with a spoon and wiped off the liquid wax with a paper towel.
I see you!
A note about the candle itself: the farther it burns down, the more difficult it is to light. I don't have a lighter, so I was using matches, and that definitely made it harder. I either need a proper lighter or longer matches once it burns down much farther!
After fishing it out of the melted wax
The ring was wrapped in gold foil and sealed in a small plastic bag, so it didn't get wax all over it. It's definitely not one of the expensive rings. But hey, it was free, it's my favorite color, and it fits my index finger perfectly. It's a nice bit of costume jewelry to add to my collection. I like the little heart on the side too.
My new ring!
Cute little heart detail on the side
I would definitely consider getting another one of these candles or giving them as gifts. They've got the fall scents available now, and I'm a sucker for anything cinnamon scented!

2 comments:

  1. I have a question! First off- I love your ring. I was imagining a small ruby. Second, how does the sizing work? Can you buy a candle with a certain ring size or do you just have to hope it fits?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't get to pick the size of the ring - I think they just use an average size. If you have really small or large hands, then it might not fit. If you managed to get one of the expensive rings that was actually a precious metal, you could get it resized of course. But not the inexpensive one I got

      Delete