Thursday, August 1, 2013

Today's Run and A Core Challenge for August

Today marks the second time I have run 3 miles! I was hoping to hit this milestone last week, but my body had other plans. Nevertheless, it is very exciting for me and I am looking forward to making 3 miles my "regular run". The half marathon training program I'll be starting in September begins with 3 mile runs, so it is important for me to be able to go that distance relatively easily.

The stats from my run - this was also faster than I have been running.
Normally I poke along at around a 13 minute mile.

Some lovely scenery from my run. 
In addition to my running, I'm going to be doing a planking challenge for the month of August. Planks help build your core muscles and tone your abdomen. The women in my family carry weight around the middle, so I've pretty much always had a "pooch". Even when I was at my fittest and most active, I still had some unnecessary fat around my middle. This plank challenge should in theory give me better "abs" but I may not be able to tell!
Found on Pinterest, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment