Saturday, August 10, 2013

Soundtrack Saturdays: No Light, No Light - Florence + The Machine

I have a very eclectic taste in music. I like everything from country to hard rock to hip hop to indie music, so you'll see a wide range of artists here on Soundtrack Saturday. Today, I've got a song from Florence + The Machine's second album, Ceremonials. Florence + The Machine defies categorization - I've listened to a lot of music over the years, and I've never found another band that sounds like this.

I'm posting a lyrics video in lieu of the official video for this song,
because the video is just creepy.

"No Light, No Light" is one of my favorite songs off this album. I love the rhythm and the feel of it. Like a lot of Florence + The Machine's music, it makes me wish I were a dancer. There is so much movement in the song!

Artifact (n): some old piece of junk trying to ruin the world's day

Recently, this song was featured in one of my favorite TV shows, Warehouse 13. "No Light, No Light" played at the very end of the intense season finale, and it was absolutely perfect! I got hooked on Warehouse 13 after my friend Aleia recommended it. If you like sci-fi and history, you would love this show. I can't wait for the final season!

No comments:

Post a Comment