Saturday, August 24, 2013

Soundtrack Saturday: Chasing the Sun - Sara Bareilles

Sara Bareilles is one of my top three favorite artists and has been since she released Little Voice in 2007. Her writing style is honest and clever and she has a song for just about every feeling. Her newest album, The Blessed Unrest, came out this July and I snatched it right up. I've been listening to it nonstop since then, and I absolutely love it! 

"Chasing the Sun" is probably my favorite song off the album, although "Hercules" is a close second. I love the idea behind the song and the message of the lyrics. There is one line that, when I first heard it, really made me stop and think:

So how do you do it/ with just words and just music.
Capture the feeling/that my earth is somebody's ceiling


With the first week of classes behind me, and my tenure in pharmacy more than halfway finished, this song is a great reminder to never take any day for granted. Whether I'm working, running, sitting in class, or having fun, I want to live every day to the fullest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment