Saturday, October 26, 2013

Soundtrack Saturday: Pompeii - Bastille

I think this past week has been my most hectic week all semester. I maybe got through half of the things I needed to do, and that was still a ton of things. I thought I'd be able to ease back into the business after fall break, but it was more like getting thrown in head first. Somewhere in all the craziness I found the time to download the new Bastille album, Bad Blood. I'd only heard one song off of it, and that was "Pompeii." The rest of the album turned out to be just as brilliant, and now I've got another band to add to my Hipster Bands You've Probably Never Heard Of collection.


Incidentally, I have been to Pompeii. It's an eerie place, especially when you see all of the casts of the bodies of people who died when Mount Vesuvius erupted. The entire city was destroyed and buried, only to be rediscovered hundreds of years later. And Vesuvius is not an extinct volcano, it could still erupt again.



No comments:

Post a Comment