Thursday, October 17, 2013

Everyday Happenings

Things have finally calmed down here in Kristinland. After my test yesterday morning (and a very long nap), Fall Break officially began and I am enjoying doing absolutely nothing. I'm cleaning, getting organized, and just enjoying having no pressing matters to attend to.

Spontaneous fun thing of the week:
Went to a Jimmy Eat World concert with some friends.
A local dog rescue brought puppies to school.
I wanted to take this one home. His name is
Smudge and he is going to be enormous.
This is Faith. She looked like a golden only black.
I'm still trying to talk my parents into adopting her.













Yet another bloom on my rose bush. I love this little plant!

You have probably been wondering how my running is going, since I haven't really talked about it in a while. I am happy to report that everything is going according to plan! I ran 4 miles today, and the cooler weather is making it much more enjoyable to run. I'm going to 6 miles this weekend, so that will be an exciting milestone!

Stats from my (spider-free) run today. 

I've had to change the place I run, though. I had been running on the Wolf River Greenline. However, when I tried to run on Sunday, there were massive spiderwebs occupied by extremely large spiders EVERYWHERE. I seriously saw probably 6 or 7 in a quarter mile. I had to stop and turn around before I either cried or had a heart attack. I do not do arachnids! I relocated to a nice flat lake path in Shelby Farms with very few trees and (thankfully) no spiders. I won't be venturing onto the Greenline anytime in the near future. Or ever again. I had nightmares for the next three nights. It was not good.

Excellent representation of me around spiders by Hyperbole and a Half
If you want to read a truly hilarious post about spiders,
click on the picture (warning: some strong language).

In other news, the BBC has released the first pictures of the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Special!!!!! November 23rd can't get here fast enough!

Three Doctors in the same shot: Matt Smith, David Tennant, and John Hurt.
BRB, hyperventilating.
That's all for now! I'm going to get the ingredients to make pizzelles while I'm at work tomorrow, so I can experiment with my grandma's pizzelle maker this weekend. I'm thinking of making a plain batch, a cinnamon batch and maybe a chocolate batch.

No comments:

Post a Comment