Saturday, November 16, 2013

Soundtrack Saturday: We Were Us - Keith Urban & Miranda Lambert

These weeks leading up to Thanksgiving are a swirling vortex of business for me. I'm barely able to keep up with the pile of assignments due next week, not to mention studying for my test on Thursday. Somewhere in there I've got to fit in some running, eating and sleeping. And I should probably shower at some point. It's times like this when I'm busy I can't catch my breath that I reminisce about college and how much easier it was back then. I wasn't studying every second of every day. I could read for pleasure. I could relax and spend time with my friends without feeling like I should be doing something school-related.

"We Were Us" is a perfect song to remind me of the past and all of those memories. It's a duet with Keith Urban and Miranda Lambert, two of my absolute favorite country artists. I feel like this is one of those songs that everyone will listen to and it will remind them of some part of their past. It's like an auditory time machine to a sweeter, simpler time.

No comments:

Post a Comment