Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Conferences and Difficult Runs

I spent the weekend in Birmingham, Alabama, at the APhA-ASP Midyear Regional Meeting. This is a yearly regional pharmacy conference that takes place in each region. It's specifically designed for student pharmacists like me to interact with other students from around the region, share ideas, and develop policies for the upcoming year. I had a wonderful time! I had such a great time that I forgot to take any pictures. The only two pictures I took were of food.

I ate Chuy's twice on Saturday! At dinner we probably demolished 8 baskets of chips
before our meal even showed up. Creamy jalapeƱo dip + queso = love. 

My school's ASP chapter had a great MRM this year. One of my friends successfully ran for Regional Delegate, so congratulations to Lauren Bode! She's going to do an amazing job in her new position!

This is not a picture of Lauren winning Regional Delegate.
This is a picture of my lunch at Milo's on my way home on Sunday.

My body is very confused by the time change, which has made the last few days especially difficult in terms of running. I didn't get an opportunity to run while out of town, so I had planned to run when I got back home on Sunday. I forgot about it getting dark earlier, so by the time I got home, I couldn't run outside. I had scheduled a long run, so I tried to do it on the treadmill while I studied, but I only made it 2.5 miles before the logistics of trying to turn pages while running got too difficult.

I knew I had to make time for this run on Monday, or I would be an entire week behind. Fortunately, I was able to go run in the morning before class. I was scheduled to run 7 miles. And I went 7 miles, but there was definitely some walking involved. But 7 miles is 7 miles. And I have to remind myself that my goal for this half marathon is to finish the race, whether by running the whole thing or by running and walking. Realistic goals are the key to happiness.

Words of wisdom from the lovely Amy Poehler

Lastly, I want to thank everyone who donated to help me reach my fundraising goal! I am now over my goal of $500! You all are awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment