Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Where did November go??

I am still slightly amazed that it is already December. I'm not sure November actually happened - it went by so fast! So much happened last month that I felt like I was flying faster than the speed of light through each day.  Here is a photo tour of some of the things I've been up to in November.

The girls at Electric Cowboy for Michelle's birthday
Tour of St. Jude with my Phi Delta Chi brothers - just the motivation
I needed when I was at a low point in my training

Girls night out with my Lifegroup - Dessert at The Melting Pot

Anwesa's birthday brunch at Monsieur DeMarcus

Full on fangirling for The Day of the Doctor

P3 Pinning Ceremony - I have my nuclear rotation with this awesome lady in January

I don't know where I would be without Ashley and Aleia

More post-pinning ceremony fun

Accidentally matching with Mom on thanksgiving
Put up my Christmas tree - there may be an ornament themed post in the future


All of this in addition to finishing up my final semester of classes before kicking off rotations in January has kept me busy busy busy!

More importantly, race day is Saturday and it is going to be FREEZING COLD!!! Literally, a cold front is coming through tomorrow and it's going to sleet/ice/precipitate and drop down to the low 30s. I may need ice skates for the race, but regardless of the weather, I will be running 13.1 miles.

My awesome boss Cecilia over at MommiesRun wrote a great encouraging post about having a NO FREAK OUT ZONE about the race and reminding us why we are running. We are running for the kids of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. These kids are going through much worse than running around in below freezing temps. So I can run around in the cold for a couple hours.

And then I get to go home and study for my finals, which are on Tuesday. So obviously, I have been procrastinating by writing this blog post. Now back to learning about Parkinson's disease treatments.



No comments:

Post a Comment