Saturday, December 21, 2013

Soundtrack Saturday - Christmas Edition

It is the winter solstice today, but 70 degrees here in Memphis! I prefer cold weather, so I'm not particularly happy about this. Regardless of the weather, it seems like the perfect time to share some of my favorite Christmas songs. I tried to narrow it down to just one, but that's definitely not possible. I love Christmas music, and this year I've been drawn to the old classics. They make me wish I still knew how to swing dance!

Brenda Lee - Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree

This song is about as close as we get to snow for Christmas. Someday I hope to live somewhere it actually snows in December!
Dean Martin - Let it Snow!


These are two of my favorite Christmas hymns. I can't sing O Holy Night to save my life, but that doesn't stop me from trying to hit that high note every single time! Trying to pick a version of this song is like trying to choose a favorite cupcake flavor - they are all so good!

Celtic Woman - O Holy Night

If you haven't heard of The Piano Guys before, consider this your introduction. They are seriously talented. After you listen to this, go listen to their version of Carol of the Bells or their Lord of the Rings Medley. Or any of their arrangements. Trust me you won't be disappointed!

The Piano Guys - Angels We Have Heard on High

No comments:

Post a Comment