Saturday, February 8, 2014

Soundtrack Saturday: Hey Brother - Avicii

I'm finally starting to get back into a workout routine. I was able to run three miles yesterday and felt really good about it, so it's good to know I'm not starting totally back at square one after my month-long workout hiatus. Since I only have class three days a week, it's much easier to plan my workouts and actually have time for them! It's still too cold to run outside, so I'm pretty much relegated to the gym for runs and workouts until it warms up - which doesn't look like it will be anytime soon. 



I picked this song for today because this weekend has been a big weekend for my Phi Delta Chi chapter. We had national officers in town, so we have had lots of events and meetings and brotherly bonding. As an added bonus, my friend Aleia came in town for the weekend!! She moved to Nashville for rotations, but came to help out with the national officer visit.
We are really good at making messes and being goofy together

Phi Delta Chi is a professional pharmacy fraternity, and the second Greek organization I've been in (my sorority - Alpha Delta Pi - being the first). And I must say, I absolutely love being a part of my fraternity. It has given me an amazing group of friends that I wouldn't trade for the world.

My best friend Molly and I in our senior year at Baylor -
We are best friends, Phi Delta Chi brothers
and Alpha Delta Pi sisters


Molly and I at Leadership Development Seminar
with brothers from our chapters and from
other chapters we got to know

I've spent the last two years as an officer serving my brothers. I'm getting to know people I would have never gotten to know otherwise. I get to make connections with brother from across the country. Sometimes it's crazy busy (like this weekend) but I love every second of it!

Charlie being a ladies' man as usual - love these girls!
February is our brotherhood month, so I've been thinking a lot about the importance of brotherhood, sisterhood and friendship in my life. My friends, sisters and brothers make pharmacy school possible. We support each other, and keep each other sane when the stress and craziness threatens to drown us. We laugh and cry together, and we are there for each other no matter what happens.

White Coat ceremony from P1 year - we were
still ignorant of the perils that awaited us in P2 year
After P3 pinning ceremony - finished with classes and
over half way to graduation!
Friendship and brotherhood are such huge blessings, and I cherish every moment I get to spend with my friends, brothers and sisters!

No comments:

Post a Comment